Monday, September 7, 2009

Go on, grab your hat and fetch a camera.

Holler back young'n! The summer season at the Beverly Yacht Club is officially over. At 4:00 today, our lunch service stopped and by 7:00, I was outta there! We had a countdown all day which was kind of fun. At exactly 4:00 we banged pots and pans, or in my case ice scoops, and hooted and hollered....and then it was over. I can't describe how happy I am that this season is done with, if only because it means I'm closer to getting out of there and doing what I've wanted to do for years. This summer definitely wasn't as stressful as last year - a much lighter workload, but still annoying in many other ways. We had our fair share of drama this year, sometimes it was a little too much....too much gossip, too much talking behind backs, just stupid stuff that complicates things at times. The staff was great, especially once we got rid of a certain person, but there's always room for improvement.

Me personally, I know my heart wasn't quite in it as much it should have been. But that's because the thought of leaving was constantly in the back of my mind. And once I talked to Joe and knew I could see the end but couldn't quite get to it yet, I've found some things (and people) to be frustrating causing me to have a "i-don't-give-a-shit-fuck-everyone" kind of attitude. I know that's not the way to do things especially since I'm a manager, but sometimes I just hate the place. I can't help it. After seven years, certain people piss you off, certain days get on your nerves....even looking at certain food items makes my skin crawl these days! I don't know, I can't explain it. But for these last few weeks, I swear, my attitude will be better. Especially since I finally get some time off! And I'm still on salary so that's pretty cool too. Last year I was taken off of salary right after Labor Day, but that was one of the things I kinda worked out when I gave my notice so...yay.

Now I really have to buckle down and watch my spending habits. I've mostly paid off my bills for the month of September. So now I have to make sure that my October bills are squared away and that I'll be able to cover the next few months, even if it's just paying in minimum for most things, while I'm off on my wanderlust. However, I do have two things planned that will involve some money
. Tomorrow I'm going up to UMASS Amherst for a couple days. My friend tranferred there and I can't wait to show her around and hang out on Club Sidewalk and act like I'm a college student again. And then next week, my friend Jack from Key West will be in Boston so we're taking in a Sox game and hanging out around the city. But that's it! No more big spendings, unless it's directed towards my trip.

Feels so good to know that I have the next two and a half days off...I definitely earned it. Standing by on 6-8, cap't.




1 comment: