Saturday, August 22, 2009

Dogs were whistling a new tune...

Tomorrow is the day that I finally sit down and talk to my boss, face-to-face, about my off-season plans. I've been putting this off for weeks, months, and truthfully, even a year. Now that I know it's in less then 15 hours, my stomach is already turning.

I've always had problems standing up for myself, always had problems talking to people especially about personal problems. Well, tomorrow is not the day to chicken out. Tomorrow is the day to stand my ground. To not make myself look stupid. To show my boss how this is going to work. And all I can hope for is that he is behind my decision. All I can hope for is that he respects my decision, no matter how stupid it may sound.

I know I'm kind of being vague about what I'm doing, but it's only fair that I not discuss anything until I fully know that I am able to talk about it. Obviously I've discussed "the big plan" with a few people and most of my fellow employees know I have some sort of trick up my sleeve, but even with them it's been a pretty open-ended question.

All I know is that I am 26 years old. I am not getting any younger. I have things I want to do with my life. I may not fully know what these things are yet, but I'm hoping that one day I do. Because my 18-year old self would be pretty pissed off at the present me if we were to meet. So I've got to fix that.

I will be sure to write about EVERYTHING as soon as I have the official talk tomorrow. Wish me luck. I keep telling myself that I know what I'm going to say, don't screw up, and keep it together. I don't know what to expect, but if I go in expecting nothing then I won't be disappointed I suppose...AHHH! This it!

No comments:

Post a Comment