Sunday, October 18, 2009

I'm gonna make a lot of money then I'm gonna quit this crazy scene...

In less then 8 hours I will be embarking on the trip of a lifetime. My car is packed. I am ready.


It's hard to imagine that this is finally happening. I've wanted to travel the USA for years now. I spent many hours quietly planning my "dream" trip, staying up late into the night on the internet plotting out routes and checking out points of interest. And this was all before I even allowed the idea to take actual semblance. Before then, it's what it was - a dream. So for me to be leaving tomorrow, I find it all kind of weird. I mean, I just quit my job. Which in itself is a crazy thing to do. And now I'm going to be traveling around the country by myself. And that's just plain insane! Am I right? Absolutely. This hasn't been all fun and games either. It took A LOT for me to muster up the courage to quit the yacht club. It took A LOT of careful planning with bill paying and being in debt to figure out how I was going to do this. I'd be a liar if I didn't say that the nerves in my stomach have been present all day. I'd also be a liar if I didn't admit to having a few headaches, stomachaches and even a pretty decent meltdown. But there's no backing down. It's happening. And I want to document it on this blog as much as I can.


It actually didn't take me as long to pack as I thought it would. Since I so freakin' organized, most of the stuff I've been accumulating over the past few months was in the spare bedroom. And I don't want to brag (but I'm going to anyways) but I'm kind of a big deal when it comes to packing. Doing my clothes took me 20 minutes, if that. And I had it all mapped out in my head how I wanted my car to look so I have plenty of space to play with - and sleep. What can I say? This is when my obsessive-compulsiveness pays off!


I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight. I'm waking up at 4:30 AM and want to be on the road by 5 AM, 5:30 the latest. The first place I'm going to is the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville, Pennsylvania. They have a tour at 1:30 so I'm giving myself a couple hours to play with in order to get stuck in traffic around Connecticut and stop for lunch and gas. I am so psyched to be visiting Yuengling. Anyone who knows me well enough knows that I love my beer and that this is my favorite EVER. Once the tour is over I'm heading down to the Hershey/Elizabethtown area and with a little bit of luck, I'll be spending my first two nights at a campground. I'm slightly nervous about camping but I want to do it on the first night just so I can see if it's going to be a feasible option for me.


I am so excited to see what this great country has to offer. I am chomping at the bit to do all the touristy stuff - the national parks, the muesums, all that history stuff that I just LOVE. I am excited about seeing people that I know along the way whether it be friends or family. But most of all I'm just excited for change. I really have no idea what the future holds for me. I don't have a back-up plan. Hell, I don't even have any plans. Who knows? I might hate it and want to turn around. But I doubt that will happen. But as my mother would say, "Ya nevah know!"


Wish me luck! I'll update as much as I can once I'm traveling even if it's just to upload some pictures. Leave me comments so that I know people are actually reading this. See ya on the road!

1 comment:

  1. Have the time of your life!! Sounds weird, but I am going to miss you. Please keep in touch so that I know you're alive! :-D

    ReplyDelete